Fan Tan Live – Fan Tan is an ancient gambling game originated in China. When Evolution Gaming decided to add it to their collection of live games it spread up the Asia`s borders and turned out in one of the most popular games all over the world. It is a game of pure chance.
If you enjoy games like baccarat, you will love Fan Tan!
The interesting thing about Fan Tan is it that the term covers several substantially different variants of the game. At online casinos, fan tan is commonly played by a dealer flipping a cup full of beads with players placing predictions on the outcome. There’s also a card-based variation of fan tan that can be played with three to eight people.
Fan Tan Live Casino Game
During this betting time, the dealer will collect some of these beads in a cup and put them in the middle of the table. When the wagering period has ended, the dealer will then use a special bamboo stick to sort only the cupped beads out on the table until four or fewer are left. This is the winning number; if four coins remain, the number 4 wins, and so on.
Fan Tan Live Bets and Payouts
You can place several different types of online fan tan bets when playing against a dealer.
You’ll bet on how many beads remain after the final group of four.
There are two different views which are the default and the advanced view.
In the Default View, there are five main Fan Tan bets. These are Odd, Even, Big, Small, and Fan. These are Odd, Even, Big, Small, and Fan. Fan essentially predicts the exact number of beads left – between 1 and 4. Small predicts 1 or 2 will be left, while Big wins if there are 3 or 4 left. Odd and Even are self-explanatory.
- Fan: With the fan bet, you’ll need to precise the exact number of beads remaining. Fan bets are from 1-4 (or, at some casinos, 0-3). Payout: 2.85:1
- Big / Small: Two separate bets placed on either small (1 and 2) or big (2 and 3). Payout: 0.95:1 each
- Odd/Even: Two separate bets placed on even (2 and 4) or odd (1 and 3). Payout: 0.95:1.
The Fan Tan Live Advanced View adds several additional betting options.
- Nim is much like the Fan bet, but with two numbers instead of one. One number will count as a win, and the other as a push. For instance, a 1 Nim 2 bet wins at odds of 1.90:1 if the result is 1 and pushes if the result is 2
- Kwok is like the Nim bet but both numbers count as a win. For example, Kwok 2-3 wins 0.95:1 if either 2 or 3 beads are left on the table
- Nga Tan is like a Nim bet but with three numbers instead of two. Two numbers will count as a win, and the other as a push. Payout:1:2
- Ssh (Sheh-sam-hong) is like a Nga Tan bet, but all three numbers count as a win. For example, a Ssh 3-2-1 wins at odds of 0.32:1 for a 1, 2, or 3 but loses on a 4. It’s the most secure wager, but offers poor returns. Payout: 0.32:1
Fan Tan Live Feed And Statistics
At the top of this page, you can find the statistics section of Fan Tan Live. Statistics can be shown for the last 50 – 500 rounds.
Fan Tan Live Theme and Design
As with any new table game, looking at Fan Tan for the first time can feel a little confusing. The game takes place on a giant, blank, red table and there is a collection of beads on it.
The set-up for Fan Tan Live is exactly as you’d expect from any Evolution product- stylish and versatile.
Fan Tan – Card Game: Fan Tan Or Sevens
Fan Tan also goes by a number of different names, including Sevens, Parliament, Domino, Stops and Crazy Sevens. It is also known as Yuto in South America. The game is played with cards forming sequences going up and down in suit from the sevens.
This version of Fan Tan is played with between three and eight players. The game layout for Fan Tan or Sevens consists of a whole deck of 52 cards being dealt between the players in a clockwise direction one at a time until the deck is used up. Because all of the cards are dealt out, some players may have one card less than the others. However it is traditional that any player who receives fewer cards adds an extra chip to the ante to repay the advantage.
Rules Of The Fan Tan Card Game
This game is often called Sevens (7s) because the seven is the key card in the game. Beginning to the left of the dealer, each player must play a card if possible.
The player who has the 7 of Hearts begins the game by playing the card. After the 7 of Hearts has been played, the play continues around the table one by one with each player acting by laying down a card. The sevens are always the first card of the suit to be played.
After the 7 has been played of that suit, the other cards can be laid down in sequence leading down to the Ace and upwards to the King (for example the next card in that suit must be a 6 or an 8. If a 8 is then played, the next card can be a 9, and so on).
When the end of a suit has been reached with the Ace and King both having been played, that row is turned over to show it is finished.
Each player must play a card during their turn if possible – it is illegal not to play a card if it is possible. If the player cannot play, he put one chip in the pot and the turn passes to the left.
The winner is the player who gets rid of their cards first. Each opponent then pays the pot one chip for each card remaining in their hand, and the winner takes the pot.
Fan Tan – Rank of Cards
The cards in each suit rank: K (high), Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A.
Tips For Players of Fan Tan Card Game
There are a few tips and strategies for playing Fan Tan Card game online:
- Release your end cards Aces and Kings – known as ‘end cards’, as they’re the last in the sequence – can be a pain. If you have more than one payable card, a good tip is to look at the suits in which you have end cards first (both high and low cards). For example if you have Aces or Kings consider to play the 7s in those suits as soon as possible. This will increase the odds of you getting rid of your end card. Other Fan Tan winning strategy is to persuade other players to play the cards from the suits in which you have the highest or lowest cards. You can do that by playing cards in that suit.
- Hold back special sevens: If you have a seven, you hold a lot of power. You need to decide when is a good time to release it. For example, if you have the 7 and 9 of hearts, you only need the 8 of hearts to be laid down to get rid of both. That won’t take long, so it might be a good idea to hold onto your 7 for as long as possible.
- Keep your middle cards: One of the best Fan Tan strategy ideas is to to keep your middle cards, rather than rushing to play your 5, 6, 8, and 9 cards. Stopper cards are helpful because they can prevent other players from playing while having no effect on your own game. The only exception to the stoppers strategy is if you hold the 8, 9 and 10 (or the 6, 5 and 4) of the same suit. This keeps the game secure because you know you’ll be able to use these cards the next time you play.
- Practice your poker face: Unlike fan tan’s online casino version, you’re not playing against the house – you’re taking on other players. With this in mind, you should avoid revealing any important information on your cards. In fact, if you see an opportunity, you should try to give other players misleading information on your cards.