A good bonus is a fantastic way for a player to begin his experience at a new casino.
Casino bonuses are the most crucial aspect for players to even consider joining online casinos, aside from the massive selection of games. Casino bonuses are promotions that provide a chance to win free cash, cryptocurrencies, or bonus spins. Bonuses vary greatly, and some are a lot more rewarding than others. Note that there are always requirements and limits that you should check before claiming a bonus offer!
Casino Bonus: What Is It?
Bonuses at online casinos are there for two reasons, to reward players and to attract more players. The competition between the casinos push them to offer their players bigger and more attractive bonus packages. The majority of these bonuses are gifts that casinos give to new (or loyal) players, which are often tied to other conditions. Casinos frequently provide a range of bonuses. Most online casinos offer free spins as a way to welcome new customers or a deposit bonus which is an extra money reward credited to players account with his first deposit.
Various bonus options are offered at the online casinos, and if the player don’t know what they are, they can cause confusion, frustration, and misunderstandings.
It is extremely important to understand the playthrough requirements for any bonuses as well as which games are and are not permitted before trying to pay out any wins!
Bonus Conditions & Playthrough Requirements
All online casino bonusses are tied to playthrough requirements (also called rollover requirement or wagering requirement). Casino playthrough requirements are the conditions that players must meet in order to withdraw their winnings from a casino bonus. This is to prevent players from creating an account or making a deposit, then withdrawing the bonus money without actually playing at the casino.
It can be very challenging to meet these requirements, especially for new and inexperienced players.
Players can make the most of their casino bonuses and improve their chances of cashing out by understanding playthrough requirements. This is why it is so important to read the terms and conditions before claiming it!
There are a number of different playthrough requirements that online casinos set:
One Bonus per Person
Online casinos do not allow players to have multiple accounts, as this would be seen as an attempt to take advantage of a generous bonus more than once.
Only few casinos allow multiple people within one household or family to create an account. But they must be actual different people, because each casino only allows one account per person. In the case of multiple players per address or IP address, the casino requires that all account holders provide identity information.
In reality, the majority of casinos will only allow one account per household or IP address.
Account verification is an important legal requirement at any licensed online casino. Whenever a player sign up a new account he will have to go through this process. A name, address and age can all be confirmed in soft checks along with the payment details when a player first sign up.
Before a withdraw of any winnings, the casinos will also ask the player to prove his identity. This indicates that it’s crucial to provide accurate personal information when setting up an account. The player will need to submit ID and other documents and papers to prove that this information is accurate.
The documents an online casino can ask to provide include:
- driving licenses
- household bills
Most of the misunderstandings arise at this one particular point. The wager requirement is the number of times a player has to wager his bonus before he can make a withdrawal. The wager requirements vary from casino to casino In most cases, the playthrough applies to the deposit and bonus added together, not just the bonus funds.
Let us clarify the concept with an example:
You need to play your deposit plus bonus 10x before cashing out. You deposit 50€ and you receive a bonus of 50€ – that will give you 100€ to play with. Now you must wager this 100€ at least 10x before you can withdraw any winnings. That means you will need to make 1,000€ worth of bets. That doesn’t mean you have to lose €1,000, it’s just how much has to be wagered.
Sometimes, a casino will say that you only have to play your bonus through a certain number of times. So, with the example above; You start with 100€, but 50€ needs to be played through 10x, meaning you will need to make at least 500€ worth of bets to cash out.
There are some bonuses which usually don’t have playthrough requirements.
- Comp Points: Credits earned from placing bets at the online casino as part of its loyalty program
- Cashback: If an online casino refunds net losses up to a certain amount, the cashback should be withdrawable
Some Games are Restricted for use with the Bonuses
Which games are permitted and which are banned is another thing the player need to be sure of.
Most casinos will almost always exclude particular games from this playthrough. This means that even the player placed bets on blackjack for 500€, for example, his overall playthrough remains at zero and he will not be able to withdraw any money.
When the player takes a deposit bonus or any other kind of bonus, some casinos may apply a specific limit to how much he can withdraw from this promotion.
An example would be winning 600€ and then finding out that the maximum withdrawal limit is 300€.
Most bonuses expire after a certain amount of time – usually 7 to 14 days, but sometimes longer.
The player often need to have completed the wager requirements by this date. If he doesn’t complete the playthrough in time, the remaining bonus balance and other associated funds can be reclaimed by the casino.
Different Types of Casino Bonuses
Each type of casino bonus is different from the others. Below, we clearly outline the various types and characteristics of casino bonuses. Let’s start with the most popular casino bonus, which is divided into “no deposit” and “deposit” categories.
No Deposit Casino Bonus
Online casinos give new players the option to play on the site without making a deposit using no deposit casino bonuses.
Once the registration and account validation phases of the game have been finished, a certain amount or a certain number of free spins will be credited to players account as the bonus.
These no deposit offers come with a set of conditions of their own. Wagering requirements are often quite high, and there could be quite a few restrictions thrown into the mix.
Deposit Casino Bonus
In contrast to the previous bonus, the player will need to make a deposit in order to receive this one. The most of these are offered as welcome bonuses. However, the player can also receive this bonus later on as part of a promotional package.
The player’s deposit amount determines how much of a bonus he will receive. Typically, 50% or 100% of the money may be received, but in exceptional situations, 200% or 300% or even more may be attainable. The maximum deposit bonus amount is specified.
Deposit bonuses typically start off like this: Bonus of 100% up to €100. Deposit bonuses come with some wagering requirements. Be careful as not all bets on all games will count in full. Therefore, bets placed on slots typically count 100%, whereas bets placed on table games may only count 10% or not at all.
Other Online Casino Bonuses
The two main bonus categories offered by online casinos are those we’ve already discussed, but there are plenty more:
- Welcome Bonus – The welcome Bonus is considered to be the most common casino bonus today. The Casino Welcome Bonus is generally issued to new players, usually against a deposit. Therefore, it is known as an online casino sign up bonus or first deposit bonus as well. Usually an online casino sign up bonus includes cash and free spins. Other offers may be cashback rewards and in-house redeemable points. To take advantage of this promotion, the player need to register on the casino website and make a deposit. Welcome bonuses are usually promoted with offers such as “100% bonus on first deposit, up to €200 maximum”.
- Cashback Casino Bonus – The popularity of cashback casino bonuses seems to be increasing. A cashback bonus is a fantastic way for players to recover some of their losses. A cashback bonus is a way for players to get a little percentage of their losses returned from the casino as a gesture of appreciation. The percentage often runs between 10% and 20% and varies from casino to casino. Typically, there is a maximum amount that can be reimbursed. A cashback is given in the form of cash or credits to use again at the casino. Although cashback bonuses are almost always free of wagering requirements. Keep in mind that casinos grant these type of bonuses only to loyal customers who have shown a high activity in their accounts.
- Loyalty Casino Bonus – All online casinos want regular loyal players that keep coming back ready to play more and with larger bets. The loyalty bonus rewards this kind of play in that many and large bets give a better bonus. Loyalty bonuses are given to players who have reached a certain status at an online casino. Typically, it’s tied to a system where the player must place bets to accumulate points, which may then be exchanged for bonuses in the form of cash. The conversion rate depends on the player’s status in the loyalty program. These are usually the most beneficial bonuses, but as such are also the hardest ones to obtain.
- High Roller Casino Bonus – There is little difference between a high roller bonus and a standard casino bonus. Generally speaking, a high roller is a player who consistently deposits and wagers large amounts of money. That`s why the High Roller bonuses are specifically designed for those who make larger-than-normal deposits. The high roller bonus is typically the biggest one that online casinos give out to their players. A high roller casino bonus will take what the player deposit and boost it by a significant amount, ensuring that he has a large bankroll to enhance his gaming experience. Typically, the High Roller bonus is only given out once.
Free Spins Casino Bonus
One of the most popular casino bonuses and that`s why in this article we will focus on it.
Free spins (FS), are a type of casino bonus usually handed out along with a deposit bonus or as a welcome offer.
This bonus consists of a fixed number of free spins that can be played. Players may have a wide selection of games at their disposal or may only be able to choose from a small number of them, depending on the bonus terms and conditions. In the latter scenario, it is possible that the operators are use the free spins bonus as a strategy to advertise their recent releases or just highlight current games.
Online casinos offer a free spins bonus for one of the following 3 reasons:
- To promote a new slot that the casino is planning to release
- To encourage players to spend more time playing the slot/s
- To promote an existing slot or selection of slots that the casino operator wants to popularize
Free Spins Casino Bonus PROs
- Play for Free with the chance to win Real Money
- Try Out New Online Casinos
- Try Out New Online Slots
Free Spins Casino Bonus CONs
- Minimum Bet Levels
- Wagering Requirements
Types of Free Spins Bonuses
There are many types of free spins bonuses offered by online casinos. Some bonus types will require a deposit while some will be deposit free bonuses.
There are six main Free spins bonuses available online:
Free spins on sign up (Free Spins as a Welcome Bonus)
Earning complimentary spins as part of a welcome bonus is by far the most common type of bonus. Some casinos offer the typical casino bonus (e.g. 100% deposit bonus up to €100), but with Free spins added into the package. These bonuses may offer complementary spins all at once or over a period of time (e.g. 100 broken down to the first 30 up front, 20 more when the second deposit is made, 30 more on the 3 rd deposit, and the last 20 when the 4th deposit is made).
How to Claim a free spins welcome bonus?
The process is very easy. There are few steps to follow:
- Go to casino site
- Sign up
- Enter name, e-mail address and some personal information
- Make a deposit to claim the welcome bonus
- Start playing – The bonus money and the free spins will be added to players` account automatically and he can start playing. Note: the free spins can often only be used on one or a few slots.
Free spin bonuses can be delivered as part of a no deposit or deposit bonus. The exact nature of each offer varies from casino to casino.
No Deposit Free Spins
A free spin no deposit casino bonus is one of the most appealing special offers. It allows the players to start gambling and win without any risk to their wallet.
Numerous online casinos provide free spins without requiring a deposit. This is one of the bonus types often granted by online casinos to attract new players. It is important to notice that not all of online casinos offer a no deposit free spin bonuses.
No deposit spins are usually given to the player as a gift for registering a new player account, and this means that the only thing the player needs to do is to create an account at a relevant online casino. Moreover, these No Deposit Free Spins may ask players to claim the bonus in a given timeframe, or go through the free spins for a set period of time before they expire. Depending on the casino the player can either find his no deposit spins directly in the game, or he has to activate them before playing.
The No deposit Free spins can be played on a limited number of slots. Some casinos will let the gamblers to play on any accessible game, while others will limit them to playing on specific slots.
Not every no deposit free spins bonus has the same requirements, which is another thing to be aware of. Bonus spins with no deposit allow players to get started right away without having to invest any of their own money up front.
Please be aware that the majority of the no deposit spins have minimum wagering requirements before you can cash them out.
Advantages of No deposit free spins:
- Discover new software providers – No deposit free spins allow the player to try a variety of games from several software providers, without risking his own funds.
- Try out a new service – By claiming a no deposit free spins bonuses, the player can compare different casinos and discover which ones suit him best.
- Win real money for free – to win real money, the player simply has to complete the associated wagering requirement.
In brief – what is important to consider before claiming a No deposit free spins bonus:
- Free Spins Value – Nearly all free spins bonuses are valid on certain games. The value of each spin is equal to the minimum bet in the selected slot, it is important to know in advance, which slots have the highest minimum bets. That way, it can be determined which free spins bonus has the highest base value.
- Wagering Requirements – When a player wins with free spins, he must wager the winnings a certain number of times before he may withdraw real money. So, be sure that the wagering requirement is reasonable.
- Time Limits – Almost all free spins bonuses can be fulfilled within the specified time-frame. Once this time-limit runs out, the bonus expires, and the player lose all of his progress.
- Max Cashouts – Do not forget to consider how much of the winnings will be eligible for withdrawal. Most casinos limit free spins wins to no more than €100. Even if the player wins more than this amount, he cannot withdraw an amount that exceeds the set cashout limit.
Wager-free Free Spins
Free spins without any requirements of wager for the winnings is the best free spins offer the player can get. These are very popular among experienced players and require a deposit but can also be found with no deposit required.
As the name says the Free Spins No Wagering are free spins without any wagering requirements on the winnings. It means that the player is not required to bet his bonus winnings a certain number of times and thus risk his profit. With this type of free spins the winnings could be withdrawn directly. For that reason Free spins without wagering are becoming increasingly hard to find.
Never forget to read the conditions as the wager-free free spins frequently have significantly different terms. The first restriction the player should be aware of is that free spins without a wagering requirement frequently have a maximum win ceiling. Because of this, it’s typical to see terms like “maximum win from no wager free spins is €70“. In this case, should the player use his free spins wager-free to win more than the maximum of €70, the excess will be forfeited.
As every bonus the Wager-free free spins have some advantages and disadvantages:
- No wagering and no risk to the winnings.
- Winnings are paid in cash, not in bonus money.
- Free trials are available for games.
- Time restriction.
- Maximum win limit
- This feature is not accessible on all online gambling platforms
Real Money Free Spins
As the name suggests, the player can win real money with these free spins. Casinos will give him bonus games to play slots for free, and the money he earn goes straight into his gaming account. Unlike the free spins gifted when the player sign up, any money won from a bonus round of real money slots goes straight into his account.
Free Spins Promotions
Bonuses and promotions don’t end after the welcome package. Most online casinos offer a wide array of promotions for existing members. When it comes to free spins, many casinos like to have a weekly promo that can be claimed for low deposits – and the free spin bonus will usually highlight a different slot each week.
Free Spin Prizes
Sometimes a casino may give out free spins, for a number of reasons. Some casinos will award free spin rewards for unlocking certain achievements or completing set challenges, like playing a set number of games or hitting a particular win combination.
How to Claim Your Free Spins
- Step One: Visit the casino web site. Click on the information and have a look at the requirements.
- Step Two: Select the casino promotion that best appeals to you, and you’ll be taken to the registration page for that online casino. Then, simply enter your details.
- Step Three: If the bonus the player has chosen is a bonus that requires a deposit, he will have to make his deposit. Once the money has been deposited, the free spins will be triggered, and player`s account will then be credited with his bonus.
- Step Four: Check which slots can be used with the free spins.
- Step Five: It is time to play now! But remember to look into any requirements that might be in place for the free spins. There may be a wagering requirements or time limit that the player has to stick to.
A wagering requirement is the number of times a player must play through their bonus to make a withdrawal. So, casinos place wagering requirements on the winnings you get from the free spins to keep their losses to a minimum.
The wagering requirements vary from casino to casino. In general, the lower the requirements, the better. Most casinos require a 10x, 15x, 20x or 50x playthrough requirement. What does this mean? If the player is given a free bonus no deposit of €20 with a 20x requirement, he will need to spend €400 before he can withdraw.
How To Calculate The Value of Free Spins
Each free spin is generally equal to the minimum bet in the eligible slot machine(s). To figure out the value of a free spin bonus, simply take the multiply the number of free spins by the selected game(s) minimum bet.
|WHERE TO PLAY?||EXCLUSIVE OFFER||DEVICES|
|UP TO €10000 + 150Free Spins||Can't MissRead Review|
|Wager Free 1000€ +125 Free Spins||PLAY NOWRead Review|
|WAGER FREE €1000 + 150 Free Spins||Register NowRead Review|
|100% up to 6000€ + 100 FS||PLAY NOWRead Review|
|100% Up to 850€ + 125 FS||Sign UPRead Review|
|2000€ in BONUSES and 200 Free Spins||PLAY NOWRead Review|
|UP TO 500€ + 50 FREE SPINS||PLAY NOWRead Review|
|300% bonus! Deposit €10 and receive €30 extra!||Visit NowRead Review|
|UP to €/$1000 +200 FREE Spins||Be The King NowRead Review|
|Up to 1000€ (code: AitiaTTV)||Don't MissRead Review|